Thursday 2 December 2010

STEVEN MEISEL




Take out the horrid toy robot from these images and you have something quite odd, unusual and unnerving. (Fashion photographer Steven Meisel) created this narrative of some sort of religious bathing it seems. I like the idea of using cloudy or coloured water as this may provoke different emotions or make the sitter respond in another way. Clothes in the bath are another thing I want to expose my sitters/subjects to, I used this in my previous project, it instantly makes the situation very unusual. I would want to create a uniform for my sitters such as all black outfits or a simple plain white t-shirt, this then again takes the attention and keeps it on the emotion and the treatment that is happening rather than the aesthetic of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment