Thursday 2 December 2010

SAM TAYLOR-WOOD









I also previously looked at Sam Tayor-Wood's work but focusing on her floating series, this time I wanted to explore her work of controlling her sitters and her focus on emotion.
The series 'Men Crying' is so inspiring for what I want to achieve, this idea of being able to make your sitter do what you want them to, not what they want to...in this case, male celebrities being made to cry. This upclose intense documentation really captures their emotion. This idea of being able to control what is resulted is very interesting.
I want to use this idea in my work through exploring different emotions but through a reaction to water with a process. Sam Taylor-Wood had a process to make them cry and I need to figure out my treatment for my subjects/sitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment