Sunday 5 December 2010

PROCESS

WHAT I AM DOING AND WHY.
I decided to look back at my work so far and decide why exactly im exploring this.
The method is to explore a different kind of portraiture. Documenting a process to make sure the subject does not go for their desired pose; but what I want them to look like. I do not want them posing to portray themselves the way they want to be seen. I am taking this and making them pose the way I want - showing a natural reaction to water. Water because of my investigations with my last project that I wanted to carry on but also mainly because its everywhere and has several purposes in peoples lives. It is also feared, it has so much power. People fear drowning; this is the emotional reaction I want to explore. I'm taking the relaxation place - a bath, and making it into a treatment area. Instantly the sitters feel unusual. In clothes because it isn't about nudity or the function of the bath but the person in it and their emotions. A uniform and process so it is purely about reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment