Thursday 2 December 2010

KATHLEEN WILKE



To explore further into using water I decided to research some under-water photographers. Kathleen Wilke's lady of the lake really inspires me, maybe I could experiment with under-water photography and see what I expose. Obviously these photos are posed but getting her model to be that calm she would have had to tell her exactly what she wanted her to express and feel through her body and face. They suggest lifelessness although there being bubbles, she seems almost paralysed. It would be interesting to do some experiments with emotions under water to see if they are exaggerated or accentuated in any way. Again clothes in the water suggest something unusual and make you feel as a viewer uneasy. Now I need to find a camera that I can use under-water... might only be able to be a compact digital camera but as this project is more about the treatment that the technical quality it might work well.

No comments:

Post a Comment