Saturday 4 December 2010

SHOOT 1 - METHOD AND IMAGES

SHOOT 1 - I decided for my first shoot to simply explore a method/treatment to control the emotions of my sitter. I started off by choosing my uniform - a white tank top and dark bottoms/knickers. I then decided that it was going to be in the bathroom because thats where I had decided to start my investigation and experimentation as it was the easiest accessible place to start with and it means I can focus more on what my sitter is doing.
My method for this shoot... luke warm bathwater, half full so it cools down, clothes because it will make the sitter feel uncomfortable. Start by making the sitter lie back into the water and close their eyes and relax for 5 minutes... I chose to do this so they would feel relaxed but still confused. I then got the subject to sit up in the bath, this would be around the time the water is starting to feel a bit cold. And having their top half of their body out of the water will make them feel colder anyway. I then got the sitter to kneel and sit on their knees. I then left her there in silence and dismissed any questions she asked.
The total time she was in the bath was 1 hour 4 minutes. In this time she got cold, confused, upset and eventually curled up in a ball to try keep warm and to try calm herself down as she was very distressed. I then told her to egt out the bath and stand up and look straight ahead. The last image that I have put up is this emotion. Distressed.
Maybe I couldn't be this mean to my subjects as she was very upset with me after... but as much as that was bad it really intregued me to see how other people would react to it. I need to test out a few other methods before I decide on my final treatment. I am going to stick with the bathroom as then I can do it in any location and not have to worry about access etc. Overall the images are not technically brilliant but that will come later, at the moment I want a purely documentary approach, research and experimentation with lighting will come later.




















No comments:

Post a Comment